Warmer weather means more time on the patio with friends and family. Is your patio ready for entertaining? Check out these tips below to get your patio summer ready!
- An attractive patio complements the house and landscape, as well as provides a comfortable living space.
- Make sure the grade is level and stable enough to support tables, chairs, and foot traffic. Ensure smooth, safe transition areas, especially along edges and in corners. Significant changes in grade call for terracing or steps.
- Use trees and shrubs to create the illusion of an enclosed patio away from the house. It is one of the simplest outdoor rooms you can make. All you need is level ground, comfortable seating, and the shelter of trees and shrubs.
- Extend a patio’s usefulness with a roof or partial cover. Position the patio to be warmed by the sun; a southeast or southwest location is ideal.
- Small yard? No problem! Good patio design works with the space you have.
Want help designing the patio of your dreams? Contact one of our landscape designers today!