PLANNING AND PREPARATION
Planning and preparation before a snow or ice event ensures the best possible service and the most efficient removal and de-icing. Serene Landscape Group's expansive fleet is experienced and highly trained. Our team strategically plans and prepares according to the most current industry specific practices through the Snow & Ice Management Association (SIMA). Planning and communication make the difference and are what make Serene Landscape Group a leader in snow and ice management.
SNOW AND ICE RESPONSE PLAN
Serene Landscape Group's Snow and Ice Response Plan is a written process in place for responding to a variety of snow or ice events. These events range from average accumulations to blizzards and ice storms that require a disaster plan for power outages (no fuel will be available) and the need for increased resources and manpower. When the event occurs, we will have equipment ready and waiting for dispatch, client routes scheduled, and a dispatcher and support staff coordinating all equipment to necessary areas. Serene Landscape Group makes weather planning a priority in the response planning process. We use private forecasting services to be best prepared with up-to-date data. 24/7 monitoring of the weather and communication with dispatchers and crews ensures the fastest and most reliable snow and ice removal. Real time changes in weather conditions can change dramatically hour to hour including types/quantity of precipitation and timing/length of storms. True professionals have a formal Snow and Ice Response Plan.
COMMUNICATION IS ESSENTIAL
Our team has a specific communication plan in place to keep all clients informed and up-to-date. This plan is essential for the client's piece of mind. The plans includes phone call trees to provide a layer of communication, onsite visits/updates, and text and email alerts. Informing our clients is a priority.
Snow Removal Risk Management
- Perform site inspections and risk assessments
- Extensively train our associates and service providers on site-specific priorities and requirements
- Extensively train our associates and service providers on safety procedures
- Create site-specific maps to indicate high snow storage locations
- Track incoming storms utilizing state-of-the-art weather forecasting technology
- Establish territories, each with a territory manager, for enhanced operational control and to be able to respond to any issues that arise
- Monitor weather conditions throughout each event
- Maintain continuous communication with each driver, equipment operator, site captain, and territory manager
- Perform quality control inspections
- Communicate with our customers as needed to ensure optimization of strategy and resources
- Coordinate our operations with our customers where required
- Maintain detailed records for each storm including weather data and event description
- Follow strict incident reporting standards in the event any incident, regardless of severity
- Investigate all incidents, regardless of severity
- Consult with customers in the event of any incident, regardless of severity
Some other points of interest that separate professionals such as Serene Landscape Group from other operators who do not use a professional protocol include:
Interested in Snow and Ice Management Services?
Snow Removal, Residential Driveways & Sidewalks, De-icing, Commercial Properties, Condos, and H.O.A.s