For those inquiring about snow removal, all routes are currently booked for residential as of 12/20/2022.
While winter might be an off-season for most, we dedicate much of our time to our snow removal services. From clearing sidewalks to plowing streets, let Serene Landscape Group take the work and worry out of winter weather management.
Snow and Ice Management
We believe that planning and preparation are a large factor in successfully managing a snow event and what sets Serene Landscape Group apart from the rest. Our team strategically plans and prepares according to the most current industry specific practices through the Snow & Ice Management Association (SIMA).
Additionally, we create a Snow and Ice Response Plan for responding to a variety of snow or ice events. These events can range from average accumulations to blizzards and ice storms that require a disaster plan for power outages, and the need for increased resources and manpower. When an event of any size occurs, our fleet is read to hit the roads and a plan to follow.
Serene’s success relies on our client’s trust, which is why we always have a communication plan in place to keep all parties informed and up-to-date. Not only do we communicate via telephone, but we also provide onsite visits/updates, and text/email alerts. Keeping you in the loop is our priority.
Snow Removal Risk Management
Prior to a major snow event, our snow professionals at Serene Landscape Group will do the following:
- Perform site inspections and risk assessments.
- Extensively train our associates and service providers on site-specific priorities and requirements.
- Extensively train our associates and service providers on safety procedures.
- Create site-specific maps to indicate high snow storage locations.
- Track incoming storms utilizing state-of-the-art weather forecasting technology.
- Establish territories, each with a territory manager, for enhanced operational control and to be able to respond to any issues that arise.
During a major snow event, time is of the essence, so our experienced team will jump to action immediately. Here’s what you can expect:
- Monitor weather conditions throughout each event.
- Maintain continuous communication with each driver, equipment operator, site captain, and territory manager.
- Perform quality control inspections.
- Communicate with our customers as needed to ensure optimization of strategy and resources.
- Coordinate our operations with customers where required.
While a storm might have passed, Serene Landscape Group keeps going. Following a storm, our snow team will complete the following:
Consult with customers in the event of any incident, regardless of severity.
Serene Landscape Group is fully-insured in all areas of service, including snow operations. A common mistake is to assume that companies who are insured for services such as landscaping/paving, etc. are also automatically insured for snow removal. In truth, the majority of policies for such services do not generally cover snow and ice management.
Some other points of interest that separate Serene Landscape Group from other operators who do not use a professional protocol include:
- Record keeping: Successful and low-risk providers will keep meticulous records regarding their snow removal services, including work logs, pictures, and more.
- Contracts: A good provider will always sign a contract that defines the desired level of service.
- Be a certificate holder on your contractors snow removal policy.