Recently, the professionals at Serene Landscaping Group did a simple driveway expansion in Plymouth, Mich. and while the project was small, all of our work deserves the utmost care in planning and preparation. The key to any successful project like this one is a really good, well-executed plan.
In the installation for this and many of our driveway projects, geo-fabric is used to prevent sub-soils from mixing with base material and a rigid poly paver restraint is secured in place with 10” nails, which are driven into the base extension. Essentially and in layman’s terms, this extends the life of your driveway.
All of our paver projects are installed to Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute(ICPI) specifications and backed up by Unilock, our paver manufacturer. Unilock provides endless design opportunities not only for your driveway but for other landscaping features including the following:
- Outdoor Kitchen- You can add a whole new dimension to an outdoor grill by creating functional counter space around it. Adding a bar island will allow for extra seating and can bring your kitchen party outside during the summer months.
- Fire Feature- A Unilock fireplace or fire pit can serve as a focal point of your outdoor space. These features can be used year-round and can be custom built by the professionals at Serene Landscaping Group.
- Gathering Place- One of the biggest trends in landscaping is extending your living space outdoors. If you love to entertain, you can add something like a seat wall which can provide built-in seating and is also an attractive way to define your space.
- Outdoor Rooms- You can make any small space feel larger by using elevation changes, different paver patterns, and borders to create the feeling of distinct “rooms” in your outdoor space.
- Borders and Banding- We can add borders and banding accents in your pavers and walls to elevate your project from good to great.
You can see a variety of Unilock paver projects and other ways to incorporate it into your driveway or landscaping design in our gallery or on the Unilock website. Contact us today to get started on your summer projects!